Medicaid Data Analytic Coach - Senior Consultant
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to
the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities
in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our
public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their
most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory
pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency,
and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory,
consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable,
innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and
position them for future growth and success. The company has more
than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse
is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned
professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and
emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving
national and global economies. For more information, please visit
Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and
detail-oriented Medicaid Data Analytic Coach to support the
analysis of State Medicaid data. The ideal candidate will have a
strong client service background, acute attention to detail,
experience with Medicaid data and analytic tools (e.g., Python,
PySpark, R, RStudio) and AWS cloud data architecture.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team using data analytics,
validation, computational checks, cleansing and standardization
processing to identify data quality issues, find root causes, and
- Utilizes analytical, statistical, and programming skills to
collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets.
- Develops custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
sets and determines causes of failed data quality checks.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources
and data gathering techniques.
- Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize user
experiences, system capabilities, and other business outcomes.
- Documents analyses, creating summaries and presenting written
and verbal results to various stakeholders.
- Applies subject matter expertise relative to Medicaid data
(eligibility, managed care, claims, encounters, financial, etc.) to
coach stakeholders on data compliance.
- Maintains, tracks, and collaborates on multiple distinct user
community issues simultaneously; keeping all conversations well
documented and ensuring appropriate internal/intra team
communications to remediate issues or questions.
- Develops training materials to conduct coaching sessions.
- Provides data coaching and technical assistance to State
Medicaid representatives to resolve data issues, including working
sessions to enable a deeper understanding of requirements.
- Communicate complex data engineering issues/recommendations to
all aspects of users, peers, technical and non-technical community,
and internal team members.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities to improve
community satisfaction; collaborates with HCD team, Support
Analysts, and Engineers. Qualifications
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, Math, or other related scientific or technical
- CMS or Health Care Industry experience.
- Experience with Python, PySpark, R, RStudio.
- Experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data
technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue,
Athena, and Redshift.
- Ability to communicate technical outcomes with a high degree of
detail and precision to technical audiences, while at the same time
being able to communicate those outcomes to non-technical audiences
in an approachable and understandable manner.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, accuracy with work,
strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability
to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
- Medicaid Data subject matter expertise.
- Data platform certifications (e.g., Databricks), Coding
Certifications (Python, R, etc.) and/or AWS Cloud
- An agile methodologies and iterative mindset; focused on
consumer-oriented solutions and communications.
- Experience applying human centered-design principles during
discovery and analysis.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira/Confluence. Additional
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
The salary for this role will be in the range of $100,000 up to
$130,000 commensurate with experience.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role,
you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via
email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential
and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Keywords: Guidehouse, Burke , Medicaid Data Analytic Coach - Senior Consultant, Professions , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!