DNI Watch Officer
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Description Job DescriptionThe Intelligence and Homeland
Security Group of Leidos is seeking a Watch Officer to support an
Intelligence Community (IC) program in Tysons/McLean VA area. An
Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required to be
considered for this position. - The candidate will support
Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in
support of senior leadership and USG policymakers on a 24x7
Watch.Primary ResponsibilitiesWatch Officers supporting DNI Watch
Operations shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support 24x7 ODNI Watch activities, working 12 hour rotating
shifts, as deemed appropriate by the Government. Act as the 24-hour
point-of-contact (POC) for the DNI.
- Monitor intelligence traffic utilizing ODNI-designated networks
- Monitor and answer all commercial and secure phones related to
the ODNI Watch. Represent ODNI in Noble Eagle, NOIWON, MOTR calls,
and other official business conference calls.
- Perform other situational awareness and communications
facilitation functions, as required.
- Collaborate and crosstalk daily via phone and electronic mail
with IC and CT partners to maintain awareness of issues which may
be of interest and significance to ODNI leadership and provide
documentation of all activities and communications in the form of
standardized log notes.
- Act as the after-hour courier receiver for deliveries to the
- Ensure receipt and distribution of information including, but
not limited to, CRITICS, Noble Eagle alerts, NSA E and I series
reporting, and State No Distribution/ Exclusive Distribution
(NODIS/EXDIS) reporting, as appropriate.
- Perform various duties of the ODNI Executive Support Office
during non-business hours, as required.
- Mobilize to report to designated alternate facilities - local
and remote -and execute assigned duties for potentially extended
periods of time during emergency situations (actual or
- Maintain the ability to operate the alternate facilities and
demonstrate this ability upon request of the Government (actual or
- Maintain situational awareness of world events by monitoring
intelligence and other USG reporting as well as Open-Source
reporting via Trident and the internet. Communicate with IC
partners to maintain awareness of issues which may be of interest
and significance to ODNI leadership.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the ODNI organization and the
DNI' s priorities to effectively identify issues
requiring/warranting executive attention.
- Alert the ODNI Front Office (FO) and leadership of significant
events which may require action by the DNI or any of the ODNI
- Forward intelligence reporting to ODNI senior leadership, in
accordance with FO guidance.
- Alert ODNI senior leadership to events and reporting of
- Coordinate distribution and dissemination within the IC for
Executive Branch speech review in coordination with the ODNI
- Receive and track National Security Council (NSC) meetings,
agendas, and read-ahead materials.
- Manage eWASH, WASHFAX, and associated Crisis Management
Communications (CMS) system operations.
- Uses a Panama Schedule- 5 week rotating schedule: (2 weeks x
night shift (4PM-4AM), 2 weeks x day shift (4AM-4PM), 1 x week
transition (8AM-4PM). - Average -40 hours/week over the 5-week
period (some weeks are more, others are less than 40 hrs).Basic
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Demonstrate experience in supporting 24x7 Watch operation
- Experience in DNI watch policies and ability to training others
on those policies and procedures
- Experience working with one or more of the 17 IC agencies, DOS,
DOD, and/or DOJ.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following areas: All Source
information including, HUMINT, SIGINT, IMINT, Open Source, and
- Ability to support 24x7 watch operations working twelve hours
- BA degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters
with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience
may be substituted for education.Pay Range:Pay Range - -The Leidos
pay range for this job level is a general guideline only -and not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Burke , DNI Watch Officer, Other , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...