Mental Health Nurse
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs weekly blood draws and vitals. Assist with meals,
dishes, and bathroom observations
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.This is a full time position
that will work Monday- Friday 3pm-11pm. For a virtual tour of the
facility, please visit our website atcenterfordiscovery.com
Experience working in behavioral healthcare preferred
Must hold an unencumbered nursing license in the state in which you
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: Burke, VA -
22009 , PL: 538540283Required
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Burke , Mental Health Nurse, Other , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!