CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer- TS/SCI with Poly Required
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description Job Description:The National Solutions Group at
Leidos is seeking has an opening for a CAN/LAN Transition Support
Engineer to support internet network, intranet and other data
communications systems or a segment of a network system, in
providing network hardware and software maintenance; Overseeing
network control centers; providing support to projects that involve
networks; Evaluating new network technologies and making
recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of
these technologies into the existing network. Responsibilities:
- 25-30% Travel Required, must have US passport
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective
components. Perform data backups and disaster recovery
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing
environments, including computer hardware, systems software,
applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and
maintain control records.
- Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the NRO's
engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the
- Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network
to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and
guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3
troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct
problems in the network.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to
optimal performance levels.
- Provide fault management for the network and supports
performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms
and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with
- Monitor security posture of the network, report suspected
violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time,
transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend
procurement, removals, and modifications to network
- Optimize network topologies and site configurations. Plan
installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base
packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology
skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration,
and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM)
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with
standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and
profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment
(OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and
specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across
the application program interface (API), and the external
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that
can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable
information technology solutions. Basic Qualifications
- Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a
combination of work history and education. This equates to a
Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years,
Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 8570 Certification Pay Range: Pay Range $66,300.00 -
$102,000.00 - $137,700.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Burke , CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer- TS/SCI with Poly Required, IT / Software / Systems , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!