Computer Network Architect
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part
of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation,
enhancement, optimization and maintenance of
LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. This position will work
with engineers on various technical projects. This could include
but not limited to network consolidation and integration,
architecture designs and updates, site renovations and
relocations.Travel: -May require occasional travel throughout the
continental U.S.* As a condition of employment, this position
requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and
psychological screeningPrimary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration
and consolidation efforts across multiple systems
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate
complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network
hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to
analyze business and technical requirements.
- Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave
- Lead a team of engineers on multiple projects, ensuring
everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical
- Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the
organizations technical expertise
- Understanding of software automation tools and ability to
incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
- Resolves highly complex problems and multi-dimensional problems
requiring reconsideration that will affect the program
- Leads development of innovative solutions achieved through
collaboration with other experts in the field
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of
network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies,
conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete multiple projects and tasks with minimal
- Required is a Bachelors' degree and at least 8 years of prior
relevant experience OR Masters with 6 years prior relevant
experience OR 12 plus years of relevant work experience in lieu of
- Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
to be considered
- Experience with service providers from the ordering process
through service delivery.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with
emphasis on dynamic routing protocols, such as, BGP, EIGRP, and
OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels, MPLS, DMVPN,
VPLS and Remote Site and Site-to-Site VPNs. Excellent
troubleshooting skills. -
- Experience in network dev-ops utilizing python, API's, network
automation, Netconf, restconf, netmiko, yaml, jinja2
- Experience in AWS, Asure, Cloud network engineering, and
datacenter technologies using nexus platforms.
- Engineering Voice/Video solutions witch Cisco Call Manager,
CMS, VTC's, VoIP
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and
technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACS,
PKI, firewall policies, DNS, Active Directory, and 802.1x
- Experience utilizing Juniper SRX Firewalls and Palo-Alto
Firewalls to engineer boundary protection mechanisms.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with
Cisco Routers, Switches, Nex Gen Firewalls, ESXi, VMware.
- Solid understanding of WAN service offerings, service order
specifications, service delivery coordination, and cross-connect
- Experience interacting with Government clients and other
contractors, with emphasis on coordinating and resolving technical
- Excellent communications skills with particular emphasis on
clarity and accuracy of receiving and delivering technical
information, to include effectively conveying technical information
to a less-knowledgeable audience.
- Experience with public data centers to include the service
(rack) ordering process, specifying inter-rack connections, and WAN
service delivery to equipment racks.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and
troubleshooting on the Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS)
- Experience with Cisco EPN-M for NCS provisioning of WAN
services, inter data center cross-connects, and service delivery to
the network edge.
- Experience with Cisco ASR series routers and their
configuration of the IOS XR platform.
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, general routing
and switching technologies, to include
- Spanning tree, link aggregation techniques, and VLAN's
- Configuration of interfaces, subnets, and SVI's.Desired:
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN architectures and products.
- Experience with DWDM and dark fiber.
- Experience with cloud service provisioning in AWS and
- Experience with Cisco DNA.
- Experience with Cisco ISE.
- Experience with Cisco ACI/Apstra and leaf-spine
- Cisco CCNP certification (or higher).Pay Range:Pay Range
$97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline only -and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Burke , Computer Network Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...