Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Burke)
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Inova Primary Care in Burke, VA is seeking a passionate Medical
Assistant to join their dedicated team of healthcare
As a Medical Assistant for Physicians' Offices, you will provide
patient care as well as clerical and environmental control
services, according to established policies and procedures, in
physician outpatient practices. To help achieve our mission, you
will utilize information to continuously improve patient care and
practice while enhancing outcomes. Communicating and collaborating
with physicians/staff to provide coordinated, safe and
compassionate care for patients is of vital importance. Your
ability to participate in continuing education activities that
enhance the professional abilities of team members and ensure
up-to-date patient care is required.
* Performs daily checks of equipment to ensure it is in proper
* Follows guidelines for point-of-care testing, EKG techniques and
* Reports patient safety issues to the physician and practice
manager in a timely manner.
* Performs general patient care responsibilities (e.g. scheduling
and organizing patient flow, recording patient blood
pressure/height/weight, accompanying patients to exam/procedure
rooms, assisting patients as needed with walking/collecting
specimens, assisting physicians/nurses, preparing patients for
examinations/treatment, relaying instructions to patients/families,
answering calls and providing pertinent information).
* Fulfills clerical responsibilities, as assigned, such as
sending/receiving patient medical records, obtaining
Laboratory/X-ray reports and hospital notes, processing referral
information and completing forms/requisitions.
* Organizes medical records, Laboratory results and progress notes
to ensure that the provider has all of the available/necessary
information during patient encounters. Scans necessary medical
information into patient charts. Instructs patients in basic
testing requirements (e.g. clean catch urine, EKG, phlebotomy, pap
* Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned (e.g. setting
up instruments and equipment according to protocol, cleaning
exam/procedure rooms and instruments/equipment between patient
visits, ordering and storing supplies, restocking exam/procedures
* Properly disposes of expired medications and supplies. Adheres to
and employs appropriate sterile technique and universal precautions
* Experience: Previous experience in a medical group practice or
similar situation preferred.
* Education: High School or GED
* Special Skills: Proficient in medical terminology preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Customer service
Keywords: Inova Health System, Burke , Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Burke), Healthcare , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!