Senior Field Engineer
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Leidos is looking for a Senior Field Engineer with a
TS/SCI polygraph to support work on an information technology (IT)
contract. The Field Engineer is responsible for the operations and
management of the network equipment, provide hardware/software
support and other ad hoc requirements of a technical nature to
support client infrastructure. The work will vary based on site
specific requirements, but shall include, as applicable, the
following types of activities:
- Perform the physical setup and configuration of desktop
hardware and software to include external peripherals that may be
- Responsible for entire projects from beginning to end. These
projects will span multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes required by requests and
tickets in the achievement of desired results
- Troubleshoot desktop and network anomalies and contact the
appropriate groups for additional support.
- Develop solutions to technical issues with hardware and
software in multiple areas or disciplines.
- Serve as technical liaison between the site and the appropriate
technical business unit for resolution of IT issues and system
- Resolve routine and complex problems for applications and data
- Report unresolved problems to appropriate technical
- Order equipment as needed.
- Perform all tasks associated with being an expert
- Build workstations per established procedures.
- Manage software and hardware support as needed.
- Perform data transfers.
- Provide scanning.
- Create new user accounts, maintain existing accounts, and
troubleshoot user login or access issues.
- Monitor server activities and provide technical support that
requires expert knowledge using advanced technical principles.
- Perform daily backups.
- Perform as the on-site network support representative.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all on-site networking hardware.
- Coordinate updates to networking hard drive with respective
network engineering components.
- Add/remove physical connectivity to various networks for users,
based on needs.
- Maintain documentation and influence team and others through
created common solutions. Share and provide approaches to enhance
the whole team.
- Ensure connectivity.
- Monitor security log files.
- Video Conferencing
- Create and coordinate meetings, assist with conference
- Support maintenance and setup of equipment.
- Phone systems.
- Maintain operational status of all phone systems.
- Report and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Specialized software/databases.
- Provide project management support for all new initiatives
relating to the various systems supported.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to get building installation
and maintenance completed.
- Assist with maintaining access control systems and alarm system
accesses as needed.
- Escort as needed
- Provide user training as needed on all relevant IT topics.
- FedEx and UPS Shipment.
- Shipment sanitization and preparation.
- After hours response/resolution and technical issues.
- Support after hours high precedence responses.
- Awareness to HVAC issues for management of systems and
technical interface with local HVAC service provider.Basic
- Must have a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to be
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and minimum 12 years of
experience OR a Master's degree and minimum 10 years of experience
OR 16 years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field and
successful software engineering experience; of if no degree,
relevant experience performing engineering functions in the field
on programs of similar size, scope, and complexity
- Experience in IP Related Services: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, PPP, and
- Experience with DS3/1 end user equipment.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with commercial PBXs and associated telephones,
- Experience with UPS systems and AD/DC power systems, to include
- Working knowledge of CAT5, CAT6 cable, connectors, and
demonstrated capability of fabrication of equipment to meet the
setup needs of services being provided.
- General to strong knowledge of fiber, servers, routers, edge
switches and desktop hardware.
- Remedy, VISIO, and MS Office.Preferred Qualifications:
- Network Certifications Pay Range: Pay Range $105,300.00 -
$190,350.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Burke , Senior Field Engineer, Engineering , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!