Company: Spok Inc
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Position Summary: The Senior Data Engineer is a member of a new
Data Science and Engineering team. This role will require expertise
in the design, creation, management, and business use of large
datasets, across a variety of data platforms, both internal and
external. The Senior Data Engineer will work with other Software
Engineers and Architects responsible for different Spok data assets
to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the
data into a Spok Go data lake. They should be an authority at
crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost
solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake.
Above all, they should be passionate about working with very
large-scale data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets
together to answer business questions and drive development and
growth. #LI-Remote Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple Spok Engineering and DevOps teams to
develop, optimize and maintain Spok Data Science and Engineering
- Design, construct and test data models, including large-scale
data repositories optimized for reporting and data as a service
that may influence or drive architectural changes.
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to
ensure optimum integration, data integrity, and data quality
- Ensure production service levels, performance quality, and
resolution of data load failures.
- Translate business requirements into ETL designs and mapping
- Coordinate with the Spok Go security team to ensure all data
asset security requirements are met.
- Collaborate with Spok Go Engineering teams to plan new
features, as needed.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future
- Mentor and train fellow team members on technologies, design
patterns, and best practices.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and present findings to team,
leadership, and stakeholders.
- Research and resolves issues in a timely manner, identifying
root cause and implementing sound technical resolutions.
- Other duties may be assigned. Worksite Location: Eden Prairie,
MN Office or Home Based Remote Office Qualifications: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or
Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
and 4 years experience or masters degree in Computer Science; or
comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- AWS ecosystem familiarity (Lambdas, DynamoDB, Serverless Aurora
- Deep business intelligence platform experience (Tableau,
Cognos, Spotfire, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills, including performance tuning in a SQL
- Development of ETL tools/processes to load data repositories
and create data stores. Desired Qualifications:
- Working with large-scale databases, collection, and
organization of real-time event streaming data.
- Working with Dimensional, Entity-Relationship, Tabular models,
and OLAP data modeling.
- A proven track record in delivering in an agile environment,
while managing multiple priorities.
- Practical experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous
- Experience with Git/Github or comparable distributed version
- Experience working with Jenkins. Spok, Inc., a wholly owned
subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in
Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare
communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when
and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top
hospitals rely on the Spok Go and Spok Care Connect platforms to
enhance workflows for clinicians and support administrative
compliance. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month
through their Spok solutions. When seconds count and patients lives
are at stake, Spok enables smarter, faster clinical communication.
For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on
Twitter. Spok is a trademark of Spok Holdings, Inc. Spok Go and
Spok Care Connect are trademarks of Spok, Inc. At Spok, Inc., we
provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or
activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to
public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic.
Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation
in the application process, contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Spok Inc, Burke , Data Engineer, Engineering , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!