VP, Mktg and Comms (Washington, DC metro area preferred)
Company: The Conservation Fund
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Conservation Fund POSITIONThe Vice President of Marketing
and Communications (VPMC) is responsible for leading TCFs marketing
and communications strategy and execution across branding, market
research and media, and campaign promotion. The position drives
activities to maximize communications, marketing, and partnership
opportunities to expand TCFs network, build support, and raise
visibility to deliver on priorities across the U.S. The VPMC will
provide strategic leadership in the following areas:
- Develop proactive, integrated communications and marketing
strategies and approaches to elevate TCFs brand, reputation, and
- Be a thought partner and advisor to the CEO and other senior
- Engage and build relationships with key stakeholders at the
community, state and national level.
- Serve as a spokesperson for TCF with the media and other
- Shape and lead a communications and marketing function and team
that optimizes organizational resources in support of brand and
reputational advancement.This is an opportunity to reposition TCFs
unique value and approach, with the long-term goal of securing
funds at a transformational level (primarily from large
foundations, ultra-high-net-worth individuals and family offices,
and mission-aligned corporations and investment firms) so that TCF
can dramatically increase its impact. Entrepreneurial, creative,
mission-driven leaders who can think both holistically and
tactically will thrive in this role.RESPONSIBILTIESStrategic
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and
communications plan to advance TCFs brand identity, broaden and
increase the visibility of its programs, position it as a thought
leader, and build a strong public voice for greater impact.
- Build and manage a marketing and communications function that
plays an integral role in supporting the organization's mission,
goals, and objectives, including positioning, and market and
- Create and execute innovative marketing and communications
strategies to harness our state-level and national accomplishments
across the full range of communications channels.
- Identify opportunities for new allies, and enhance existing
relationships to expand reach and partnerships.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and communications, including
media and community relations, branding, advertising, special
events, collateral materials, email, sponsorship and partner
- Identify and execute on opportunities to invest in
communications activities, including advertising, events, and paid
media. Track return on investment and adapt strategy as
- Manage TCFs brand across all internal departments to ensure
continuity and consistency in messaging.
- Collaborate with others to develop a library of customizable
templates for a variety of audiences.
- Act as Staff Liaison to the Boards Marketing and Communications
- Lead and oversee the organizations website development (design
and content), as well as online and social media initiatives;
analyze data to make strategic shifts as needed.
- Present monthly statistical and descriptive reports on the
functions activities, goals, and performance to organizational
- Recruit and manage a marketing and communications team that
supports the development and implementation of the marketing and
communications strategic plan.
- Build talent by establishing and communicating performance
standards and developing staff to meet those standards.
- Facilitate effective cross-functional teamwork with members of
TCFs programs and fundraising functions.
- Source and manage the use of external resources (e.g., public
relations firms, advertising and marketing agencies, photographers,
printers, digital media experts, graphic designers).Department
Operations and Results Leadership
- Be responsible for the effective operations of the marketing
and communications function, including budgeting and planning.
- Manage and supervise Department staff, including writing annual
performance evaluations and ensuring staff training and
- Direct market research activities to keep abreast of changing
demographics and other relevant factors and to monitor emerging
- Bachelors degree in related field and minimum 15 years related
work experience, including at least 3 years experience at a senior
management level for nonprofit, corporate, and/or agency
- Experience developing communications, media, and engagement
strategies and measuring results.
- Experience in program management, including financial
responsibility and developing and measuring strategic
communications and marketing plans.
- Proven success at developing and implementing digital marketing
and social media strategies to enhance visibility, engagement, and
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating
strategic thinking into action plans and results.
- Experience building, leading, and mentoring a team of marketing
and communications specialists.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook), with solid understanding of key
marketing and communication tools (e.g. Web Content Management
Systems, email systems, web metrics, Adobe Creative Suite, among
- Team player who can build relationships and work
collaboratively across the organization and with partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the
confidence to present to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handle pressure, and meet
- Superior management skills, including the ability to leverage
budget for maximum impact.
- A passion for The Conservation Funds mission.COMPENSATION AND
BENEFITSThe anticipated salary range for this position is $175K -
$200K, and the position is eligible for opportunities to earn
performance-based bonus compensation. TCF offers a highly
competitive package of benefits, including employer contributions
for health care, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave,
retirement plan, and more.* * * * *This position description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may
be assigned at any time, with or without notice. To perform this
position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.Frequently cited statistics show that women
and people from underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they
think they meet 100% of the criteria. If you meet many but not all
the criteria and feel you may be a good fit for the role, The
Conservation Fund encourages you to apply.The Conservation Fund, a
Keywords: The Conservation Fund, Burke , VP, Mktg and Comms (Washington, DC metro area preferred), Advertising , Burke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...